Images have been released from the first half of ‘Timeless’ two-hour Season 2 finale airing from 9 – 10pm on Mothers’ Day (May 13). It looks like Flynn joins the Time Team on another mission in “The General.”
Check out the promotional photos below and let’s see what we can glean from them…
Whoa! Some of those images are more telling than we anticipated. To follow in Mrs. Sherlock Holmes’ footsteps, here’s what we can deduce:
- Emma hands Colonel Reyerson a book on the Civil War and food wrapped in foil, so he must be the Rittenhouse sleeper agent.
- Given RH’s track record, those nutter-butters probably want the Conferedates to win the Civil War.
- As we know, Harriet Tubman ran the Underground Railroad and led slaves to freedom during the Civil War. There were enough sympathetic souls scattered throughout the South to help their cause. However, it seems like Tubman may be taking on an even greater role in history with the Time Team’s help.
- Wyatt is looking at a mysterious page. Is it the image of Jessica that Connor and Agent Christopher found? Is there more damning evidence against Jessica? Did she write him a letter? We need to know!
- Saving the biggest head-scratching moment for last: What is going on in the bunker?!? Everyone looks shocked and distressed, most of all Wyatt. Jiya and Jessica are the only ones missing from the photos. The expression on Wyatt’s face leads us to believe that Jessica is the one causing all the chaos.
Let’s take a closer look at this photo:
Everyone’s eyes are focused on Wyatt and the floor, except for Connor. He seems to be looking at Rufus and/or Flynn.
If his focus is on Rufus, that makes us worry about Jiya. Did she get attacked by Jessica? Did another premonition knock her out? Did Jiya top Jessica from getting away? Seriously, where is Jiya?!?
Maybe Connor is just looking at Flynn because he’s talking. His pointing hand and his classic Flynn-means-business expression suggest that he’s quipping a series of “I told you so’s” about Jessica and RH.
OR maybe Flynn took Jessica down when he found out she might be Rittenhouse and he’s explaining that he had no other choice.
Those are the first theories that come to mind. What do you think Clockblockers? Any ideas on what could be happening? Hopefully, the episode synopsis will give us a better understanding of these dire-looking circumstances.
*SPOILER WARNING* UPDATE WITH EPISODE 9 SYNOPSIS!
CarterMatt posted this synopsis for the first hour of the ‘Timeless’ Season 2 Finale:
“The General” – When the Mothership jumps to South Carolina in 1863, the Time Team partners up with a courageous Union spy and military leader, Harriet Tubman – AKA “The General” – to thwart Rittenhouse’s plan to alter the outcome of the Civil War. Back in the present, Rittenhouse hits the team where it hurts the most.
Until then, please share your speculations below!
REMINDER: HUMP DAY HAPPY HOUR EVERY WEDNESDAY
Please join me for Happy Hour Wednesdays at 2ish – 3ish p.m. PST (time subject to change, let me know if you have any preferences) on my Facebook page (@TalkTVwithTiffany) for a live chat about the latest ‘Timeless’ episode and more.
‘Timeless’ airs Sundays at 10 p.m. on NBC.
I have an insatiable passion for TV, Film, Music & Entertainment news (which is really a fancy way of saying I'm a TV addicted couch potato). I'm currently a National Examiner for "Galavant," "Once Upon A Time," "Saving Hope," and "Sleepy Hollow" on Examiner.com. I provide detailed, thoughtful, witty, and occasionally saucy recaps/reviews, as well as some fun and interesting interviews. You'll frequently see me tweeting away about my favorite shows. If you love chatting about TV as much I do, then join the fun and Talk TV with Tiffany!