Hey Time Team! Here’s the deal. NBC cancelled ‘Timeless’, which totally sucks. But, Sony is still open to finding our beloved show a new home, so there’s hope! I am updating my original #RenewTimeless campaign article with new tips that will hopefully help our cause.
Fans have done a great job with our re-watch twitter parties. However, SONY needs to see a huge surge in ratings sooner rather than later. This week is the most crucial, so we need to keep ‘Timeless’ streaming as much as possible. Since ‘Timeless’ aired on Mondays and that’s when we have our re-watch parties, let’s start on May 15 and keep the party going strong until the 21st. As we’ve previously discussed, there are a handful of networks we can reach out to. You’ll find contact info for them below…
We can start by wooing networks that already stream ‘Timeless,’ like Hulu. If you don’t have Hulu, sign up for a one week free trial during #SaveTimeless Week. If we all tune in at the same time, the ratings for ‘Timeless’ on Hulu will spike and prove how passionate fans are about the show. Universal owns Hulu and co-owns ‘Timeless’, so we are optimistic about the odds. The network has also rescued shows before. Hopefully they’ll grace ‘Timeless’ with some much needed divine intervention.
This week fans will bombard Hulu with tweets, letters, and emails. Use the following contact info:
Send physical letters to:
Craig Erwich, Senior Vice President of Head of Content
Santa Monica, CA 90404
Call Hulu’s customer service phone line (8 a.m. – 10 p.m. PST): (877) 485-8411 Press 5
Last, but not least, tweet Hulu and their advertisers (please make note of advertisers as you watch on Hulu, so I can start a convenient list of advertisers’ twitter handles here).
Like Hulu, fans can sign-up for a one week Netflix trial. Fans who have called Netflix learned that if you search for ‘Timeless’ (even though we know they don’t carry the show) and watch other shows/movies cast members have starred in, then Netflix will see a high demand for the show and its stars. This all could motivate them to carry ‘Timeless’ and save it for another season.
Fans can call and write Netflix using the contact info below:
Call: (800) 585-7265
Address: 100 Winchester Cir., Los Gatos, California, 95032-1815
Twitter: @netflix (different twitter handle for different countries)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/netflixus/ (different site for different countries)
Clayton, Monet Original Series Programming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Friedlander, Peter VP of Original Series Programming: email@example.com
Henigman, Kris Director, Original Series Programming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Martin, Denise Editor Television/Cable Programs: email@example.com
Rabinowitz, Vanessa Senior Program Manager Programming: firstname.lastname@example.org
Amazon UK did save BBC’s “Ripper Street” for a third season and ended up ordering two more, which gives us hope. You can currently purchase episodes on Amazon.
Fans know the drill on how to communicate their love for ‘Timeless’. Here is the contact info for Amazon:
Email or online live chat (5 a.m. – 7 p.m. PST): https://studios.amazon.com/contact-us
Buy Season 1 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Timeless-Season-1/dp/B01L38ZJ5S
Sony’s website for ‘Timeless’ directs fans to watch/buy episodes on iTunes.
Contact form: Fill out this feedback form (Topic: SyFy Programming)
Contact form: Fill out this contact form (Topic: Other Programming)
TNT Viewer Relations
1010 Techwood Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Call: Viewer comment line at 404-885-4538.
Contact online: Fill out this feedback form
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112
Call: NBC switchboard at 212-664-4444, and ask to leave a message on the USA Network Viewer Hotline. Please note that they are not able to return any calls.
Contact online: cwtv.com/feedback
Call: (818) 977-2500
Twitter: @YouTube and @YouTubeTV
#SaveTimeless To Do List (Check back for updates as the campaign expands):
- Continue to tag @Sony, @SPTV and advertisers/companies you see commercials for during ‘Timeless.’ Thank them for supporting your favorite show. If it wasn’t for ‘Timeless’ you wouldn’t haven’t purchased their amazing product. Be positive, supportive and appreciative. (You can see some examples HERE. Please let me know if you see any other ads in your region, so I can update the list of advertisers.)
- PLEASE NOTE: Tag prospective networks individually. We don’t want to group the competition together in a single tweet. Divide and conquer by targeting each one separately. It makes a difference.
- Email, call, tweet, write, post to, etc. all prospective networks. Tell them how much you love ‘Timeless’ and why we need another season.
- Rate and write reviews for the show on the ‘Timeless’ IMDB page. (This will increase its popularity/ranking on IMDB and draw more attention to the series.)
- Rate and watch the show on Hulu, iTunes, and Amazon.
- We need one petition to send to all prospective networks. I lost track…which is the best petition with the most signatures so far? Please send it my way and I’ll post it here. Thanks!
- Let’s get creative…We can garner attention with a video that could viral. Please share ideas if you have them. Of course, it would be awesome if celebrity fans and cast members participated, but that’s probably a long shot
2018 Campaign Updates
SaveTimelessSource on Tumblr keeps updated info on the latest campaign efforts. They posted this week’s call to action. Clockblockers are targeting a different network each day:
This is a group effort. Please let me know if you have any ideas or come across new info. I’ll be sure to keep this up-to-date. I figured it would be helpful to have a place where we can all be on the same page. Send me comments personally via Twitter, Facebook, and/or e-mail…you can also post comments below to keep the conversation flowing here in the same space 🙂
Let’s keep the faith!