I’ve been championing NBC’s “Timeless” from the start. I was hooked from the first preview I watched and (as an obsessive “Supernatural” fan) I knew Eric Kripke would do wonders with this premise. This brilliant, engaging, adventurous, fun, tantalizing and entertainingly educational series has surpassed my high exceptions. Yeah, it is that marvelous. So when Kripke posted his sincere plea to fans asking us for help. We need to fight for “Timeless” before it is too late, so we should start campaigning right away.
I learned a few things while campaigning for #MoreGalavant, so I thought I’d share some helpful tips with all of you. If we vocally and statistically show our love for “Timeless,” then there is a big chance we’ll get Season 2. If NBC should, God forbid, cancel the show, then Kripke and Shawn Ryan will have a higher chance of shopping it around to other networks because executives will know that “Timeless” comes with a significant and guaranteed fan base.
Here is our to do list (Check back for updates as the campaign expands):
- Live-tweet the show. Get #Timeless and #RenewTimeless trending for both time zones. We can even organize live-tweet viewing parties/binge-watching events to drum up more attention for the show.
- Watching live is the biggest plus, but if you DVR the show, don’t fast forward through commercials or else it won’t count for full ratings.
- Tag @NBC, @Sony and advertisers/companies you see commercials for during “Timeless”. Thank them for supporting your favorite show. If it wasn’t for “Timeless” you wouldn’t haven’t purchased their amazing product. Be positive, supportive and appreciative. (Scroll down for a list of advertisers. Please let me know if you see any other ads in your region.)
- Email NBC and tell them how much you love “Timeless” and want another season. Also ask NBC to run Season 1 marathons on their affiliated networks, i.e. SyFy and USA Network.
- Post comments on “Timeless” social media accounts, all of which are listed HERE.
- Rate and write reviews for the show on the “Timeless” IMDB page. (This will increase its popularity/ranking on IMDB and draw more attention to the series.)
- Rate and watch the show on Hulu, iTunes, and Amazon.
- Garner attention with a video that could viral. Share ideas if you have them.
- Keep spreading the word, so we get more viewers. We’re already off to a great start with celebrity backers. William Shatner is going to live-tweet on Monday, Jan. 23rd PST and “Saturday Night Live’s” Leslie Jones awesomely plugged “Timeless” during Weekend Update (watch HERE).
We are on the right track, Time Team. We just need to raise awareness and gain momentum over the next five weeks. “Timeless” needs to show an increase in ratings. The more buzz we generate, the more people will want to tune-in live.
Please reach out if you have any ideas or additional contributions to make to the campaign. Timeless Writers Room assured me that NBC executives love the show and we just need to focus on boosting ratings for now. So we won’t flood their inboxes…yet 😉
Here is a list of advertisers who sponsor “Timeless”:
- Westin Hotels
- Amazon and Amazon Studios
- Chips Ahoy
- H & R Block
- Olive Garden
- CA Lottery (or your state’s lottery?)
- Sleep Train
- Ocean Spray
- Metro PCS
Here are some examples of Tweets you can send to advertisers:
Follow @ to keep track of new #RenewTimeless tweets. Be sure to RT #Timeless tweets and create original tweets to advertisers too (“unique” tweets count for more ratings, as you’ll find out in the info below)!
@ tweeted out this helpful guide on how ratings work. We should follow these guidelines to get the best ratings results:
Last, but not least: Sign the #RenewTimeless petition HERE! The more signatures we can get, the better our odds will be for Season 2.
Contribute to the #RenewTimeless fan video! Current deadline is Monday, Feb. 13. But it might get extended, especially if we can get some big celebrity supporters to contribute. It would be awesome if we could get this video to go viral and drum up even more supporters who want to see Season 2.
The #RenewTimeless campaign continues with ‘Timeless’ rewatch and live tweets every Monday night at 10. If we’re lucky, the cast and writers will tweet along! You can watch episodes on NBC.com, the NBC app, Hulu and OnDemand.
Keep up the great work and stay tuned for more updates!